Dental Crowns in Beverly Hills
A dental crown is a form of dental restoration tool that encircles or caps a tooth or a dental implant to protect it from further damage. Crowns are often installed in order to prevent large cavities from getting bigger and to protect the health of the tooth.
These cosmetic tools are used to cover the surface of an affected tooth, not only to improve its appearance but also to add durability, strength, and stability.
A dental crown is a permanent tooth repair option that can make your tooth stronger, improve its shape and alignment, and make it look more attractive. Here are some reasons a crown may be recommended:
- Support bridgework for a missing tooth
- Replace a missing tooth with a dental implant
- Repair a large cavity that would otherwise require a large filling
- Support and protect a weakened tooth due to excess wear or cracks
- Protect a tooth restored with root canal therapy
- Cover a poorly shaped or severely discolored tooth to improve your smile
Porcelain Dental Crowns
Crowns are made from tooth-colored material, like porcelain, ceramic, or resin that can be matched to the exact shade of your teeth, making the restoration virtually unnoticeable.
The Dental Crown Placement Process
This process begins with a consult and exam where we develop a plan for you. A temporary crown is often placed on the affected tooth while the permanent crown is produced, so as to protect it from further damage. Creating a dental crown takes somewhere between one and two weeks, after which the permanent crown can be cemented onto the tooth.